Every time people hear about a rape case, they feel sorry for the victim, abuse the culprit, raise our voices for justice, and then they get diverted towards another fascinating news story, some breaking news, as they call it! Rape – an heinous crime – which is increasing day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute and second by second. Thinkers are thinking to reduce the crime; Philosophers making another philosophy out of it yet the rate of the crime is increasing by increasing rate.
For any crime to get reduced or stop then ought to go to the root cause. Know the reasons why it is happening. Be honest in accepting the reasons and endeavor to solve the problem logically.
When you bring your emotions, feelings, sentiments and passions in between the solutions, you will never stop the crimes that are prevailing. You fail to realize that the crime gains momentum due to your behavior towards the particular problem.
According to the latest figures released by the Government of India, every 20 minutes, a woman is raped in India. Every third victim of rape is a child, according to 2011 figures from the NCRB (data from the National Crime Records Bureau). According to the U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey --there is an average of 207,754 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year. Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted. 
1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape). (U.S. Department of Justice. National Crime Victimization Survey. 2006-2010). 
Qur’an gives instruction to first protect women by covering them. As it is mentioned in Qur’an “O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is “Allah" سبحانه و تعالىForgiving and Merciful.”Qur’an.Surah Ahzab 33:59.
Further “Allah” سبحانه و تعالى is commanding women not to stamp their feet loudly, as mentioned in Qur’an: “….And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to “Allah" سبحانه و تعالىin repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.” Qur’an.Surah Noor 24:31.
Generally women speak too soft while speaking to men when required, but “Allah” سبحانه و تعالى is telling not to speak in a low tone as mentioned in Qur’an: “…... do not be soft in speech [to men], lest he in whose heart is disease should covet, but speak with appropriate speech.” Qur’an.Surah Ahzab 33:32.
And then also if some did crime, then “Allah” سبحانه و تعالى said: “The recompense of those who wage war against “Allah” سبحانه و تعالى and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter” Qur’an.Surah Maa’idah 5:33.
Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr: "When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet ﷺ for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had intercourse with her and brought him to her.
She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allahﷺ. When he (the Prophet ﷺ) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah ﷺ, I am the man who did it to her.
He ﷺsaid to the woman: Go away, for “Allah" سبحانه و تعالىhas forgiven you. And about the man who had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death. He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Madina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them. Sunan Abu Dawud 4366. (Arabic 4379)
Let us analyze few reasons of present scenario and solve this problem and defend the honor of women – the jewels of the society.
- Atmosphere:The prevalent environment where men and women are close together. They are so close that they even know the personal secrets. This closeness opens the pathways of lewdness. The relationship of boy-friend and girl-friend is very much encouraged by our atmosphere (friend circle, parents, cousins, etc). By nature, man is more sexual than woman and gets attracted towards them. This causes the crime to happen. So we should always prevent ourselves from the things which harm us.
- Education:The education system is so worse that even if a woman wants to be modest it makes her immodest. There are no segregation between men and women. The education institutions do not have specific timings of their classes. In the name of lab, surgery, practicals etc. students are called in the colleges at any time. Due to this parents cannot have a check on their children and it becomes easy for them to involve in such activities which leads to the happening of this crime.
- Behavior:The behavior of men and women towards this crime is so lenient that it does not astonish them when this heinous crime is committed and why should it surprise us? It is widespread in our society and we are used to it.
- Late Marriages:We have the concept of enjoying life. Due to this glamorization, we fail to realize the important concept of marriage. Due to late marriages men and women cannot control their desires and fall into the satanic trap and commit this monstrous crime.
- Pornography:This industry has destroyed the young and productive people of the society. It is available freely that even an innocent person searching on Google for his/her college project can come across the websites of pornography. This industry has beautifully planned and trapped the youngsters. The only solution is to block these websites from the country.
- Bollywood:This industry is a semi-porn industry. The scenes shown in the movies are enough to make a mind corrupt. The lifestyle shown in the movies and the relationship between man and woman which is portrayed in the films, are the major reasons for the increase of this crime.
- Dress-up:Dress-up matters a lot. Women dressing seminude and posing in public, tight and revealing clothes attracts men towards them. By nature men are more sexual than women, men gets attracted more towards women than vice versa. Even revealing clothes of man can also lead to this crime. This is a two-way traffic.
- Punishment:Punishment for the rape cases are much lower than the harm caused. In a court, the person freely walks in the society for months and years together, because of the low paced judicial system where we get hearings after hearings. And in case of western countries, the accused will get lenient punishment and in turn he again rapes. On the contrary, when women accuse falsely to trap their boy-friend or friends and in retaliation these people become criminals.
- Dates / Relationship: We often hear the term date-rape. Dating is unethical and it is the door and way for such crimes. People go for dates and when they get raped they make hue and cry for this. We should know what is good and what is bad.
- Norms:People usually have forgotten the ethics. They don’t even judge what is right and what is wrong. Children staying out late nights in clubs and parties and parents do not have any problem with this. It is obvious and high chances of women getting raped in this situation. The norms have totally changed in this era, and bad are no longer considered bad. 
"The Arabic word ightisab (rape) refers to taking something wrongfully by force. It is now used exclusively to refer to transgression against the honor of women by force.
Islam has a clear stance which states that this repugnant action is haram and imposes a deterrent punishment on the one who commits it. The laws of Islam came to protect women's honour and modesty. Islam forbids women to wear clothes that are not modest and to travel without a mahram; it forbids a woman to shake hands with a non-mahram man. Islam encourages young men and women to marry early, and many other rulings which close the door to rape. Hence it comes as no surprise when we hear or read that most of these crimes occur in permissive societies which are looked up to by some Muslims as examples of civilization and refinement! The punishment for rape in Islam is same as the punishment for zina, which is stoning if the perpetrator is married, and one hundred lashes and banishment for one year if he is not married.
NOTE:THE PUNISHMENT CAN BE ONLY GIVEN OR DECIDED BY THE OFFICIAL AUTHORITY OR THE LAW OF THE LAND, ANY PERSON CAN’T TAKE THE LAW IN HIS HAND.
إِنَّمَا جَزَاءُ الَّذِينَ يُحَارِبُونَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَيَسْعَوْنَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَسَادًا أَن يُقَتَّلُوا أَوْ يُصَلَّبُوا أَوْ تُقَطَّعَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَأَرْجُلُهُم مِّنْ خِلَافٍ أَوْ يُنفَوْا مِنَ الْأَرْضِ ۚذَٰلِكَ لَهُمْ خِزْيٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا ۖوَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment. Qur’an surah ahzab 5:33
We should not just talk about action, but also take strict measures, says Sonia Gandhi. "It's time for action, not words," she adds. Congress president Sonia Gandhi says strict action must be taken against the accused. Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Congress Party, India.
“We are all scared, we are all worried about this atmosphere where women do not feel safe. This has to change. Our government makes it mandatory that all women who work after 8 pm should be dropped home by their employer. I have not seen those tapes myself, but I will watch it and talk to the Police Commissioner myself.” Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister, Delhi
BJP demands capital punishment for rapists, Lok Sabha leader Sushma Swaraj demanded capital punishment for the rapists. Hang child rapists, demand RS members
BJP leader Maya Singh, initiating the debate in Rajya Sabha, said the accused in the east Delhi case should be given "quick death penalty" without going through lengthy court proceedings. "Such incidents are recurring... they are a slur on our country. Such people should be hanged," she said.
BSP chief Mayawatistressed on the need to "rise above party politics" to curb rising rape incidents, while seeking capital punishment for child rapists.
Charlize Theron is a UN ambassador for peaceand a leader in the “Stop rape now” campaign. Stop Rape Now is a joint effort by a network of UN agencies known as UN Action Against Sexual Violence in Conflict to prevent the use of rape as a tactic of war and respond effectively to the needs of survivors. As part of her ambassadorial work, Charlize visited the Democratic Republic of Congo -where an epidemic of sexual violence has left a generation of women physically and emotionally scarred by the brutality of war. Charlize commented:
“Hundreds of thousands of women and girls have been beaten, tortured and raped—atrocities beyond anything that I have ever heard of or could imagine… For a problem so big and so complicated, where do you begin? What I have found and what I believe is that you begin somewhere, anywhere, but you must begin. You must act. As you read this, consider your humanity. Consider for one moment if you or your sister, your mother or your daughter lived in such a dire situation—then act.”
The community and the Police need to work together. This involves security at vulnerable places, at critical hours’Kiran Bedi, former IPS officer
"The police has to be accountable and the state, who is responsible for safety and security has to be accountable. The accused should be given maximum punishment and the police should be pulled up." Anil Kapoor, Indian Actor.
"Our country is represented in international space only by such incidents. It is a case where we as a country should hang our heads down in shame. Change can only happen if you give capital punishment and give out a strong message out there," said John Abraham, Indian Actor
· Death penalty to persons convicted for rape
· Recommendation for enhancement of punishment in cases where the accused, with the knowledge of suffering from HIV infection/AIDS, infects the victim as a result of rape.
A bill containing harsher punishments for rapists was passed by India's parliament earlier in March. Karuna Nundy, a leading Supreme Court lawyer. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21950197
Saudi Arabia and few other countries of the world today give the death penalty for the punishment of rape. If some people say that this punishment may look inhuman but the victim of rape and the nearest relatives of victims urge for a similar punishment or more than that. And according to the crime statistics of the world these countries who follows and apply Islamic shari’ah as their law of the land has the least crime rate compared to any other country of the world. 
See Also: Marriage in Islam; Sin; The Major sins;